Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Break

I'm so glad I don't have homework on the back of my mind anymore... I'm not used to this feeling. And I still cannot believe the semester's over. In August, my inner cynic doubted my ability to balance full-time school and part-time work but I proved myself wrong and that's a huge victory for me.

Lately, I've been thinking about my 2010 New Year's Resolutions. I want to create one because I want to accomplish lots of things this year. But for sure I'd like to be more involved in community activities, such as running for a good cause (still thinking about joining the January 1st, 5k run!), donating blood, or helping kids learn how to read... stuff like that. I would also like to find Vegan Filipino restaurants and see for myself if it's possible to eat Filipino food without meat. Also, I want to conquer certain phobias next year. Three things I fear: heights, spiders, and public speaking... hopefully I'll free myself from one of them. I would also like to learn more about the Culture and History of the Philippines. I feel like if I had a better understanding of my roots, I'll appreciate it more. I'm too Americanized. Trying new things is going to be big for me in 2010. The sky's the limit!

New topic: Nine West. My manager finally went on maternity leave. I'm really excited for her! I'm hoping her baby will be born around (or on) my birthday. On the other hand, the staff isn't doing so well without her. We have two new associates who are Assistant Manager 1 and 2. One of them, apparently, is finding it difficult to blend in with us. It is hard to be the new person, I don't blame her. She has her way of running things, and we have our old way of running things. I truly believe it's all just a huuuuuuge misunderstanding between associates. Everyone has to just suck it up and run with it. I like new ideas as long as it's going to improve and benefit everyone in the long run. My only responsibility right now: train the new associates before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment