Thursday, May 6, 2010

Three more weeks of school

Spring 2010 semester went by fast. Reading my previous blogs, I was somewhat intimidated by my classes. Now that I'm nearing the end of the semester, I wish I could go back 4 months ago and slap myself. I enjoyed Statistics, Public Speaking, Human Biology, English 1B, and Stretch&Fitness. If I were to choose the hardest class, it'd be Human Biology. Only because there's soooooo many things to memorize. Public Speaking wasn't that bad. After a while, I stopped getting nervous. Each presentation became less and less nerve-racking (meaning: I was able to sleep the night before my presentations, lol).

Last month, I received a letter stating that my application for SJSU was denied. I was so sad! All because I forgot to put my GPA in the application. So I e-mailed the Admissions Office, and they told me to send my unofficial transcript before April 30th, which is exactly what I did. So right now, I'm waiting for an acceptance letter. I worked really hard these past two semesters just so I could transfer by Fall, and I'm pretty proud of myself nonetheless. As much as I'd love to go to SJSU this Fall, I'm not going to let it bring me down if I see another letter of denial. I proved to myself how far I can push myself and that means a lot to me. I registered for classes at Mission for the Fall just in case I don't get accepted to SJSU. Wow, typing this up sounds sad! On a happier note, I'm receiving my Associates of Arts degree with emphasis in Behavioral Science when this semester is over. I can choose to walk if I wanted to but I'd rather walk for a BA degree. At least now I can put "AA Degree" as my highest level of education obtained on my resumes instead of "High School Diploma," right?

Last month was Mae & Dave's wedding. It was sooooo beautiful =*) I worked on 4 girls: Kristine's hair and makeup, Joy's make-up, one of the flower girls' makeup, and Dave's mom's hair and make-up. April and Amy did a GREAT JOB on the other girls. At 9:00am, everyone was ready =) I'll post pictures up soon once Kristine decides to upload them!

No comments:

Post a Comment