Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson -- I've always liked him... even through all his imperfections and through all the rumors or hurtful truths. Mainly because I accepted the fact that no one's perfect....I know crazier people than Michael. My dad used to have videos of MJ performing live and my sister and I would always watch it with my dad... I would see people fainting at his concerts and how paramedics had to carry those people out... it showed a lot about his music. My coworker Mark went to one of Michael Jackson's concerts in the Philippines when he was little and that he'd dance to MJ's songs, lol. That was a fun fact about Mark. I used to find "Thriller" way too scary to watch, lol.... If I were to chose one of my favorite songs by Michael, it would have to be "Heal the World" because as a kid, I used to listen to that song a lot. I also like "Ben" and "You Are Not Alone." I personally like his slower songs because they were really touching lol. My brother can sing "Beat It," "Billy Jean," and other songs by MJ really really good. It's just too bad that he had to die so young =( Especially since he was one of the youngest out of all his siblings... I hope he's in a better place now. Since I couldn't watch the Memorial Service for Michael Jackson on TV today, I saw clips on youtube. I saw Paris' speech.... so sad!! :( I feel ya, girl!! To Paris, Prince, and Blanket: I wish you all peace, love, and strength.

Another video I saw was the opening performance by Mariah Carey.... mmaannnn, her voice has changed soooo much...it sounds extra husky and it's like she has trouble breathing correctly....but seriously, I still love her... She's still my idol. I love alllll her songs. She may have gotten off track when they started calling her "Mimi" (which I thought was a horrible attempt to stay hip -- like "J-Lo" -- EWWwww).... I still think she's a great singer. I just hate people who try bringing her down.

Anyways, more about my life....What's the scuttlebucket?

- Last Thursday, my dad came back from the Philippines. He's staying for 3 months this time :) I want to take my dad up Mission Peak, lol. I know my dad likes hiking so hopefully he can take the incline on this one! Mayumi is super happy that our dad is back. In fact, Mayumi called me the other day telling me how excited she was to have a new bike :) Yay to simple joys...

- My coworkers and I helped remodel our Nine West Store. Since the Nine West @ South Lake Tahoe closed down, the company gave our store Tahoe's wooden units and cash wrap. So it's not entirely new, but it's new to us.... Our store looks really pretty nonetheless... It takes a lot of getting used to, though. It's even more stressful since our DSM and RSM are here for the week..... lotsa brown-nosing going on, lol!

- This Saturday I will be doing Starleigh's makeup again for one of her photoshoots. She's helping me build my portfolio...and to me, I gotta start somewhere. I'm excited yet nervous at the same time! Last time, I was REALLY nervous because Starleigh was someone who I was never close to.... it was challenging! But FUN!! With all ego aside, it makes me happy to know that I have admirers of my makeup. I mean, I'm not the best make-up artist but it does help push me to become better at something I love doing. Especially my boyfriend, close friends, and family... they are the ones that believe in me and their opinions are what truly matters the most. I should really take the time to say thanks... so... thanx you guys!! I'm blessed to have supportive loved ones!

- On July 25th, I made plans with friends to go to the Garlic Festival in Gilroy. I'm not really a "garlic fan," but apparently Brian and a few of my friends are. I'm just tagging along, y'know... gotta make the most out of my summer... lol.

That's pretty much it.... until next time, stay tuned :)

1 comment: