Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2 Weeks has passed...

It's been tough for Brian and his family. I cannot imagine or put into words the emotions they are feeling right now.  I've never lost anyone so close to me.  Brian's dad was the closest person I knew to pass away, and it really hurt.  What hurts me most is seeing Brian and his family in pain.  They were so close to their dad. The day after Uncle Ben passed away, Brians family held a 9 day Catholic Rosary prayer.  Family, friends, and people that knew Brian's dad came by... it was nice to have supportive people around the house and to hear the stories they had of Brian's dad.  It was a healing experience.  I fell in love with two songs that they were playing, "Fly Like A Bird" and "In His Time."

The Sunday after Brians dad passed away we went to Sheryll's Christian church called Cathedral of Faith located off Curtner in San Jose.  It was the first time I went to church with Brian and his immediate family (his mom, sister, and older brother)... Not only that but it was also the first time I went to church in YEARS.  It was a beautiful experience and it felt really nice to see Brian and his family uplifted.  The lesson was about prayer.  Sometimes you dont know what to say in a prayer and that sometimes all you can do is just cry, grunt, sigh, etc. But even during those times when you dont know what to say to Him, God will mold those prayers into something great.  I loved the lesson because it was something we all needed to hear.

This weekend will be Uncle Ben's viewing and burial.  Friday, Jan. 31st at 9am, we will begin Uncle Ben's viewing.  It will be the first time Brian will see his dad since he passed.  Its gonna be so hard... but I want to be strong for Brian. Saturday, Feb 1st will be the mass and vigil/eulogies.  There will be a video montage and performances as well.  Then finally Sunday, Feb 2nd at 10:30am will be the Burial.

No comments:

Post a Comment