Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014

I decided that for my first blog post for 2014, I'd write up 14 current things about me... what I'm doing, plans, favorite things...  I think my future self would really appreciate that :)

1.  This year I have 3 jobs!  The first job is what I've always been doing for the past three years, a Recreation Leader for an after-school program for the City of Milpitas.  The second job, which I just accepted, is a Summer Camp Director also for the City of Milpitas.  I'm excited about this one because my partner and I get to plan a whole summer of fun activities for kids between the ages 5-8.  I just feel like I have so many ideas in my head that I just have to let out and I can't wait to start planning this week.  And the third job that I just got hired for is a Behavioral Management Tutor (BMT) for the Milpitas Unified School District.  I'm nervous about this one because I've never fully worked with Autistic children... but I'm excited regardless!  I've heard a lot of good and bad things, but all I care about is that the kids are safe, having fun, and being inspired to learn more.

2.  I love coupon-ing! For the past couple of months I learned how to coupon and I'm truly looking forward to saving more money in 2014.  Couponing has brought shopping to a whole new level... It takes a lot of time but in the end my wallet's happy :)

3.  I'm aiming to be healthier and active.  I say this every year, I know, but I want and need to live a healthier lifestyle.  I had my blood test taken last year and one thing that worried me was my glucose level -- it was pretty damn high.  If I continue to eat the way I'm eating and given my family history, there's a super high possibility that I can get diabetes in the near future.  I've been looking on Pinterest and they have really good ideas on ways to make a recipe book, and it inspired me to create my own healthy recipe book.  This, and working out with my brother, will help me be healthier.

4.  I have one more year to pay off my car.  My 2015 goal: trade-in my car for a brand new car that I want and deserve.  I'm thinking of getting the newest version of my Avalon! lol

5.  I love DIYs - Pinterest and YouTube are THEE BEST sites for DIYs

6.  Current Favorite TV shows that I can replay over and over again:  The Office, Freaks and Geeks, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, Family Guy, Southpark, Conan, and Desperate Housewives.  This year I'd like to get into New Girl, Sons of Anarchy, and Scandal.

7.  Current Favorite Movies:  Frozen, Le Miserables, Rent, Django Unchained, Despicable Me

8.  Current everyday makeup routine:
  • Primer - Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
  • Foundation - L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation in W6 Sun Beige
  • Concealer - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Neutralizer
  • Face Powders - Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
  • Bronzer - Sephora MicroSmooth in Tan 35
  • Brows - Rimmel Brow Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Mascara - Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes (waterproof)

9.  All-Time Favorite Lipsticks:
  • Red - MAC Ruby Woo
  • Orange/Red - MAC Lady Danger
  • Natural - NYX Whipped Caviar
  • Peachy - NYX Strawberry Daquiri
  • Bold Pink - MAC Girl About Town
  • Soft Pink -  NYX Sweet Pink
  • Plum - MAC Rebel
  • Purple - MAC Heroine

10.  Favorite Shampoo and Conditioner:  Bain de Terre in Passion Flower

11.  Favorite Alcoholic Beverages:
  • Roscato red wine
  • Beers: Blue Moon, Shock Top, Corona
  • Mimosa - Crook's Brut and Guava Juice
  • Strawberry Mojitos
12.  Favorite Place to Eat:  Sizzling Stone

13.  Hobbies:  I still love talking about or playing with make-up.  I still love anything that involves arts and crafts.  I still love decorating a room and turning it into something welcoming, comfortable, colorful, clean, and efficient.  Couponing and crocheting are my two newest hobbies.

14.  Looking forward to mine and Brian's 10th year anniversary.  I still love that silly guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment