Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Religion

After experiencing different religions I've come to a realization that there is no right or wrong religion... Ive learned that all religions aim to offer something positive in people's lives.  Religions that are anywhere between conservative or liberal are all equal; theyre just different (like apples and oranges).  They're all searching for the same thing: peace, love, and happiness.  A religion that brings joy and comfort to anybody is something worth appreciating.  God even said to "love thy neighbor" and what that means to me is that different religions are like different neighbors.  Therefore we all must learn to love and accept one another despite our religious differences.  Redefine religion--religion shouldn't have to be a popularity contest or a bunch of cliques on the playground.  We might as well learn to live together.

I was brought up to be afraid of the Catholic church.  But after participating in a Catholic prayer for Brians dad for 9 days in a row, I realized how it was not scary.  Regardless if it was repetative, it was still a prayer that was bringing comfort to those with heartache and pain.  It blew my mind...all these years I was hating on something I didnt understand until now.  When I went to Sheryll's Christian church, I realized how much it was helping Brian and his family go through these difficult times. I guess you can say I've come to appreciate different religions because of their healing abilities.

I love seeing those awesome car stickers that say "coexist" because that's exactly what I currently believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment